Fish is a good source of protein. Steaming is a healthy way of cooking.
Here’s the recipe for my home-cooked steamed yellow fish
Ingredients: 1 Yellow fish, 1 piece onion, slices of ginger, pieces of garlic, few pieces of shredded kaffir leaves
Sauce: Mix together the following
1 tbsp Kikkoman less sodium soy sauce, 1 tbsp light soy sauce, 1 tbsp oyster sauce, 1 tbsp water
1) Heat 1.5 cup water in wok.
2) Put ginger, garlic and kaffir leaves below, inside and on top of fish on the plate.
3) Put the plated fish in the wok when water starts to boil.
4) Steam for around 8-15 minutes depending on the size of the fish. I steamed mine for 15 min.
5) Heat oil in a pan and stir-fry the onions. Pour oil n onions over the steamed fish.
Heat a tbsp oil in a pan. Pour in the mixed sauce.
Pour the heated sauce over the fish.
Optional: Drizzle some sesame oil on the fish before serving.